***Para asistencia en español, por favor contacte a Mari vía correo electrónico: [email protected]***
AMP provides need-based scholarships on a sliding scale for families making less than $150,000 a year, or facing extenuating circumstances causing financial hardships. Scholarships are on a scale of 10%-50% support unless referred by a partner agency.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
FALL 2022 APPLICATIONS OPEN JUNE 1, 2022
Step #1 – Submit 2021 Income Tax Summary, previous year with proof of extension, or comparable documents (address and submission info below).
Step #2 – Applicants must have an account set up with Santa Barbara Dance Arts. Applicants must be enrolled in desired classes for our Fall/Spring season – select the maximum payment plan possible. Scholarship awards range from 10%-50% of tuition and does not cover the Registration Fees, Costume Fees, and anything outside of tuition unless specified. Scholarships will be applied to the tuition balance OR if you decline the scholarship award, and it is within the appropriate stated deadline, SBDA will provide your account with a refund less the non-refundable Registration Fee of $40.
Once registered and enrolled, your dancer is a part of the SBDA program until you opt out during SBDA Open Enrollment or on your Commitment Card. If you do not ‘opt out’, you will remain enrolled in the SBDA program. You will be invited to re-apply for scholarship for the next season or if you choose to attend a summer camp.
Your SBDA account must have a credit card on file. If you do not have a credit card, please contact [email protected] to make another payment arrangement.
Step #3 – Submit this application after the first two steps have been completed.
FALL 2022 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION TIMELINE:
Fall 2022 Scholarship Application Timeline:
6/1/2022 Fall Scholarship Application Live!
7/1/2022 Fall Scholarship Applications, Class Selection, and Financials Due
8/1/2022 Fall Scholarship Award Notifications
8/8/2022 Fall Scholarship Acceptance Due
Please submit the form and email supporting documents to Mari, Scholarship Liaison: [email protected] with any questions: (805) 966-5299
Summer Camp Offerings from our Affiliated Partner: View the SB Dance Arts Summer Schedule HERE
- Applicants must have their account set up with Santa Barbara Dance Arts to be ready for enrollment.
- Applicant’s accounts must have a credit card on file. If you do not have access to a credit card, please contact [email protected] to make another arrangement for payment.
- It is highly recommended you enroll in your class as soon as possible, however, we also understand if enrollment is dependent upon scholarship receipt. SBDA is not able to hold places for students awaiting scholarship awards notification. Please contact Vanessa for payment plan info during your waiting period for the scholarship award notification.
- IMPORTANT: Please read all Santa Barbara Dance Arts and AMP policies prior to applying. Acceptance of the award acknowledges you understand and agree to comply with all policies. Read SB Dance Arts policies handbooks at www.sbdancearts.com.
- Scholarship award recipients are required to regularly attend classes both online and in studio. It is required to report absences to the office and [email protected] with the reason. We are here to mentor and support your dancer.
- If you registered for a class but then need to withdraw because your scholarship award is insufficient, you will need to contact Vanessa and/or SBDA staff within the required time window per SBDA policies.
- If withdrawal is not completed, you may be charged the full amount of the class. Per the AMP Mission statement, we are unable to apply scholarships to dropped classes. Scholarship awards will be applied toward Santa Barbara Dance Arts class tuition only. Up to 50 % of SB Dance Arts tuition is eligible for scholarship, unless referred by a partner agency.
Please submit the completed application and email supporting documents to Mari, Scholarship Liaison.
With any additional questions please contact, [email protected] or call (805) 966-529920.